Alt tag: a house for sale in Raleigh
When selling a house, the majority of vendors don’t think of the frustration the window-shoppers bring. Unfortunately, these types of “buyers” are a growing trend in the real estate industry. The home value might be too high for them, or they aren’t interested in making such a big purchase at all. Instead, they like to attend and check out what the market offers. So, if you want to avoid wasting your time when selling a house in Raleigh, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will help you spot the type of buyers that tend to waste everyone’s time. Additionally, we will give you tips on how not to waste your time and money on the market by avoiding these buyers.
How to spot the time-wasters and avoid wasting your time when selling your house in Raleigh?
If you put your property for sale with a real estate agent, you will have to make numerous changes to your way of living and to the house itself. These changes are necessary to present your home well to potential and prospective purchasers. This also means you should be open and ready for all the possible home viewings that might come up.
What do we mean by these changes? Apart from all the necessary repairs and improved curb appeal, you should stage your home even if you’re living in it. For instance, the clutter will have to go away, as well as your personal items. The goal is to have a tidy and clutter-free home always ready for the show. Having it this way will help potential buyers imagine themselves living in it. The best option to ensure your home is spotless and not covered in random stuff is to rent a storage unit and keep your items there. This way, you will have peace of mind knowing your belongings are safe and waiting for you.
The most common signs of problematic buyers
A staged home in Raleigh can increase your home’s value. However, it’s actually up to your agent what type of prospective buyers they will “vet.” Therefore, let’s learn about the red flags that indicate carpet traders, window-shoppers, voyeurs, etc. Being aware of them will help you avoid them.
- A major red flag is when you notice the viewers paying attention to the books your own or any family photos left behind. Unfortunately, it looks like they are more interested in you than they are in your home.
- They don’t have mortgage pre-approval.
- They’re paying a lot of compliments to the decor. It might mean they feel guilty about not making an offer.
If you want to avoid wasting your time when selling a house in Raleigh, make sure you shortlist the potential buyers based on your terms.
A potential buyer entering a house for showing
- The best prospective buyers will go through each room slowly, trying to visualize themselves in there.
- It’s a good sign if the viewers ask about taxes and utility bills. They might be figuring out how much they will have to spare for the monthly bills.
- Another positive indicator is if they request to revisit.
- Additionally, commenting in a “possessive” way might be a positive indicator. For example, if you hear them commenting on how their sofa will fit into a particular space, it could mean they are serious about buying.
- Also, if they ask about amenities, parks, and other nearby services, they might be interested in buying your house.
- Finally, you will know where you stand if they haven’t shown much interest and asked specific questions.
It would be good to ask your agent specific questions regarding the potential buyers they have in mind.
An agent telling the sellers about how to avoid wasting your time when selling a house in Raleigh
So, before even arranging a home showing, you could go a step further and ask your agent some questions: Who are they? Do they have a mortgage pre-approval? By whom? How much deposit do they offer? Do they have any conditions?
Once you have this information, you can choose who will come and see your house.
What else can you do to avoid wasting your time when selling a house in Raleigh?
We mentioned the window-shopper type of buyers as the most common cause of wasting the seller’s time. However, many things are up to you. So, if you don’t want to waste time on the market, the most important thing is that both you and your house are ready.
If possible, it would be best to contact a moving company and arrange relocation to your new home beforehand. You need to hire the best people for the job to be sure your belongings are safe in transport and you don’t have to deal with problems in your new home. Doing this will ensure you have enough space and time to get the house in the best shape for sale.
Prepare the house for sale
However, if that isn’t possible, make sure you and your family are on the best behavior while living in the house you want to sell. But, it would still be best to do all the essential work before listing the home for sale. This way, you will avoid wasting your time when selling your house in Raleigh and potentially maximize your profit. Here’s how.
Having high-quality pictures will represent the first showing of your home. This is because most potential buyers will first look online for houses. So, the images you post of your home will significantly impact the people interested in viewing your home.
To have great photos for the first official online showing and make the best places of your house pop, make sure you do the following.
- Declutter and depersonalize each room.
- Deep clean each room.
- Make sure all the beds are made. However, try including some cushions and throw blankets to make the room feel more welcoming.
- Fresh paint also goes a long way in making a house look tidy and put together.
- Additionally, simple upgrades, like new matching light fixtures, will enhance the perceived value of your house.
All of these small but essential changes will significantly impact the buyer’s decision. Furthermore, if you want to go all-in and present your house for sale in the best light, it would be wise to hire a professional photographer.
To make sure you don’t spend much time on the market, be sure to prepare your house correctly.
An agent and buyer handshaking for a successfully closed deal on the house
In conclusion, it’s essential to know what you need to do beforehand to ensure you get serious buyers with suitable offers. Once you start having people ask about your property, you will be in a position to choose who will actually be able to see it. Then, once you decide on the best buyer, make sure to get informed on the costs you will need to cover. Finally, we hope you refer back to our article if you want to avoid wasting your time when selling a house in Raleigh. Good luck!